Monday, February 23, 2015

There. and Back again: Bergen

 My new mission companion...Sister Muren!
 My giant troll buddy!
 I was at this view point in 2012!! Crazy!!
 Another troll buddy...gotta love them troll buddies!!!
My new district missionaries...Elder Phipps, Sister Johannessen, and Elder Dalton

Hei alle sammen!

Eg er i Bergen nå!!! Looks like I can keep on trying out that "Nynorsk" thing (Quick explanation - there's two Norwegian languages: Bokmål and Nynorsk. Everyone can understand Bokmål and studies that in school growing up here. Nynorsk... Well it's "new Norwegian." Yup) that I attempted to pick up in Ålesund. That's besides the point - ONTO this week's update:

Saying goodbye to everyone in Ålesund was incredibly heartbreaking. It truly is a special place with absolutely phenomenal people. Man, I am getting teary just thinking about it!

It feels very very VERY weird being here in Bergen. When we come into the city center, I keep thinking about when I was here in 2012. But I am getting over that pretty quickly because Bergen is, well, just a wonderful place. I am REALLY grateful that the busses announce their stops so it makes it easier to get around here. I'm still trying to get the swing of things but this white-washing thing is going alright so far. It's a strong push to help me sprint to the end for sure!

We had Zone Leader Training (Long story short - something happened with the traveling plans so the Bergen district wasn't able to make it out to where the ZLT was. So the zone leaders came to us) about Preach My Gospel. I was actually grateful to get two zlts about that because I really love Preach My Gospel! We also focused about the importance of using scriptures not only in lessons but while we are finding. The ZLs gave the idea of having a scripture for every principle we teach (total of 42). I have decided to take up the challenge and learn 42 scriptures! Woohoo!!

Church was a big shock for me. The only thing people asked me to do was introduce myself... What? I don't need to teach the Sunday lesson? No talk? No piano playing? What? I'll admit I was a bit on edge just in case if someone was like, "Hey can someone...." "I got it!!" But... that didn't happen. So weird. It was really nice how many people did come up to introduce themselves to me.

Also.... New Companion 411!!
Søster Caroline Muren is Norwegian! Born and raised in Oslo. Has one older brother (Markus MC) and one younger sister (Charlotte). She likes to be with family, friends, go to the movie theater, shop, and her favorite food is pizza (American of course!). She's been out since December and I'll be finishing up her training before I go home! I'm looking forward to get to know her better over the next few weeks!

Spiritual thought for the week... I am just really grateful for the Atonement. As the scriptures say in Alma 7:11-13, the Savior took upon Himself EVERYTHING we could ever experience. He did so in order to help us overcome all just as He did. I love the Lord so much and I am so grateful to know that He loves me today and always. He loves you and His enabling power is always available. USE IT. That's what it is there for.

Have a super duper week everyone!

Love,
Søster Buhler

3 comments:

  1. Jeg heter Federico Guillermo Varas
    Jeg er veldig glad som forretningsmann, jeg kunne få lånet mitt fra denne organisasjonen gjennom den internasjonale utviklingsbanken




    Programmet for banklån med tilbakebetaling gir lån til forretningsmenn og kvinner som er villige til å søke om lån.
      100 000 tusen dollar til 500 000 tusen dollar for personlige lån,
      400 til 800 millioner dollar i kredittlån for kommersielle lån
    Bilforsikringslån og mye mer
    Kontakt: zechkovivan@mail.ru
    Eller greskychanosky@post.cz
    Ankom en kommer alle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg heter Federico Guillermo Varas
    Jeg er veldig glad som forretningsmann, jeg kunne få lånet mitt fra denne organisasjonen gjennom den internasjonale utviklingsbanken




    Programmet for banklån med tilbakebetaling gir lån til forretningsmenn og kvinner som er villige til å søke om lån.
      100 000 tusen dollar til 500 000 tusen dollar for personlige lån,
      400 til 800 millioner dollar i kredittlån for kommersielle lån
    Bilforsikringslån og mye mer
    Kontakt: zechkovivan@mail.ru
    Eller greskychanosky@post.cz
    Ankom en kommer alle

    ReplyDelete