Monday, February 9, 2015

The Book of Mormon

Hola mi amigos!

Look at your cat now back at mine, look at your cat now back to mine... Sorry we were talking Puss in Boots this morning randomly and I just remembered a trailor for that movie... ANYHOO, this week both a lot and a little happened at the same time but it was overall a solid week :)

Sister Neilson and I had two really powerful experiences this week. The first with our muslim friends and the second with a new investigator named Stig.

We come into the library and our two investigators had brought three friends with them. As we started talking and teaching about the restoration, the Spirit was there SO powerfully. When we mentioned Christ though, they went off on a tangent and it got contenious FAST. I felt prompted to just ask if they would want to find out if Christ is our Savior. They said no. After we ended on a good note, we left to go back to our apartment for our dinner break. Sister Neilson and I were utrolig heartbroken! Those men are our brothers and they were firm in not wanting to listen to us or learn. We grabbed our Books of Mormon and started reading in Alma 26 together.

These verses stuck out to me the most:
26 But behold, my beloved brethren, we came into the wilderness not with the intent to destroy our brethren, but with the intent that perhaps we might save some few of their souls.
 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.

This is just an incredible chapter that I highly recommend for personal studies this week! But after reading these verses I felt the Spirit sweep through me and help me boost me back up on my feet to head back out and find those who will listen.

Which leads us to Stig!

Stig is a man we contacted on the street. A few days later he texts us asking if we can meet up. WHAT? When I asked him why he wanted to meet with us, he shared that he felt good when he first met us and he wanted to learn what made us different. WHAT? We had such a powerful lesson about who God and Christ are and Stig REALLY wants to know what we're sharing is true! AH! So good!!

If there is anything I want you to get from this email is that I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. It changed and continues to change my life everyday. It was written by prophets of God in ancient times and translated by a prophet of God for our day TODAY. It is evidence that God continues to speak to us through living prophets. God loves us and He wants all His children to know of His plan and His gospel because that is the only way we can obtain everlasting joy in this life and in the life to come. I love the Heavenly Father, I love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I cannot describe how much I love this gospel. It is true. I am grateful that I can have the opportunity everyday to share with all who will listen and act.

This week is going to be an incredible week for all of us. I can feel it!! Make the most of it and be sure to keep your eyes open for all the incredible things that are going to happen!!

Take care and lots of love,
Søster Buhler


Yummy cakes brought to us by our branch president Fred and Bente!!
 Beautiful morning with the new snow!
Eirik (who got baptized last November) made us some deilig mac n' cheese Norwegian style!! Bless his sweet soul!!

 On the bus traveling to a district meeting in Molde!
 Some cool street art that we always pass by on our way to Molde. It's pretty pretty right?


No comments:

Post a Comment