Tuesday, May 20, 2014

SYTTEN AV MAI!!

Hey everybody!!

I know what you're thinking, "What the - ? Why am I getting this email on a NON Monday day?" Well here's the dealio, today in Norway is the anniversary of Norway's independence. It's like the fourth of July but times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. It's a BIG deal and as missionaries we are not allowed to proselyte so we get a WHOLE day of P-day!!

So far this week has been pretty mellow due to the preparing for today's big holiday but still been a great week. We have been able to get a new investigator named Erling Eriksen. We had a super quick lesson with him in his doorway because he lives alone but he is willing to hear and learn about the Book of Mormon. He feels like he as the intention of Bible bashing with us but there's a reason why we managed to cross paths with him. We'll see what the Lord has in store for him!

We were able to meet with our investigator Sharifi yesterday. For the last two weeks he keeps telling us he will come to church but at the very last minute he tells us he's not coming. 
We talked with him yesterday about church and he says he feels like there's this wall that is stopping him from coming but if he just comes to church once, that will take the wall down. He says it's something personal that he needs to do and he wouldn't give us too much information but he appreciates how much we help him out. We went through the baptismal questions and he was both surprised and pleased how simple the interview is. He has been committed to pray for a specific baptismal date so we'll see how that goes!

Finding has been pretty chill this week as well but it's been good. It's so entertaining how different people react to us when they open their doors or stop on the street. Just that within itself is so fun but it's always even better when we have great mini teaches with them on their doorstep/the street. 

For studies this week, Sister Hornback (my companion) actually shared with me D&C 31, one of her favorite missionary scriptures. Verses 3 stuck out most to me:
"Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation."

This stuck out to me because about a year ago was when I received my mission call telling me I was to serve in Norway. And now I'm here. WHOA. Just that in itself caused me to lift up my heart and rejoice! But just finding these scriptures are simple but powerful reminders of why I am out here doing the Lord's work. I love the Lord, I have felt the power of His atonement help me overcome and change to become a better me, and I know that through living His gospel all good things in this life can become even better.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Buhler

PS: We got updated with Transfers. This transfer will be cut short because we have several missionaries leaving this month so we have transfers on May 28th and the next one will be July 23rd. Yup. So the next time I write, I will be informing whether I'm staying or moving. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment