Wednesday, May 28, 2014

From the new 2NE1 version (see what I did there?)

Wow. This week... Where do I begin? 
This week the following happened:
- The other sisters had two baptisms!!
-We got a baptismal date for June 14th with Omar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Found two new investigators, Hunk (from China) and Noel (From Congo)!
- Had the Sister Training Leaders here (Sister Rupp and Sister Mourik)!
-And of course TRANSFERS. 

So I shall share about transfers. I will be staying in Trondheim and am getting a new companion! Her name is Sister Burns and she's from London (we were actually in Britannia ward toegther when I was in London back in 2012. Small world right?)!!! She will be finishing up her mssion with me so I am pretty stoked to learn a whole lot from her. My companion, SIster Hornback, will be going to Ålesund (still in my zone!). So yup, my Trondheim mailing address is still good until about July 23rd when the next transfer happens :)

Phew! Now that that's said, let's move on to this week's highlights. It was incredible to be able to have two baptisms this week. Jaroslav's baptism on Thursday night really touched me. I have been able to watch him through his entire conversion process from a third person persceptive. It's truly amazing to see how people, from any background, are able to make the changes in their lives to come unto Christ. When I saw Jaroslav come out of the water, he was truly beaming with happiness. The rest of the evening, he couldn't stop smiling. I still can't stop smiling!

I spent the next few days reflecting about this feeling I had. And on Saturday while SIster Hornback and I were contacting, something randomly clicked inside of me. We stopped a man named Benjamin who reminded me a bit of Jaroslav when SIster Shaw and Sister Angerhofer found him. I thought to myself, "This man also has that potential inside himself" and instantly after I thought this, I could see Benjamin in baptismal clothes. It was one of the best contacts I have had. 

We actually got Omar's baptismal date two sundays ago, but I didn't have P-Day the following Monday so NOW you all get to know!! When we talked with Omar, we followed up with him praying about being baptized. After a little pause, Omar said, "Yes I have. I want to get baptized." SO COOL!! 

When the Sister Training Leaders were here and just this past week, we found TONS of solid potentials. Hunk and Noel were able to meet yesterday and they both became new investigators so that's fantastic. Hunk is incredbily receptive to the spirit and Noel is a bit skeptical about there being more scriptures but he is open to give this all a try. More on this as it develops!

With everything that has been happening this week, I have been reflecting a lot about the importance of bearing your testimony. All of missionary work and all we do in the gospel is because of testimony. We have experienced spiritual confirmations, the Lord's promised blessings, felt God's love, and so much more. We know that because of these things others can have the same thing and we WANT them to have it for themselves. We all are constantly changing every day and as we live the prinsiples taught by the Savior, we're changing for the better. I really do know that what is said in Mosiah 4:27 is true. There is an order to do things and we will never have to do more then we are able, but we must continue to always press forward.

Love you all and I hope you continue to have a fantastic week!

Take care,
Søster Buhler

PS: The title is inspired by two things 1) My love of Asian music and 2) It's my birthday today! So yeah, just a little clarification in case any of you were like, "what the-?"

No comments:

Post a Comment