Monday, February 3, 2014

I live in Narnia: No big

So we got the transfers call yestermorning... AND I will be staying in Romerike with Sister Johnson! But oh boy this transfer was pretty complicated. President said this is the most complex transfer he's ever had. He was not kidding! We sadly will be losing Elder Garrad but Elder Jensen will be coming to Romerike (he was in my MTC group!) and Elder Vause (another elder from my MTC group!!) will be in the Hamar area so in my district. MTC SIBLINGS REUNION!!!! Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to be seeing them snart (soon):

Anyhoo, so this week was fairly calm. Wednesday was our missionary "hastening the work" workshop for the ward. I had two ward council members helping me but 30 minutes before the workshop was to start, I was informed that one of them couldn't make it. My brain kind of exploded that point. BUT I was able to talk with my ward council member (Nils Peter) and we came up with a super quick plan. About 15 people came and we split into two groups. I was with Elder Årsnes and our ward council members. I talked about scripture studies and Elder Årsnes helped explain how to answer FAQs. Søster Johnson and Elder Garrard did a little workshop on Preach My Gospel and practiced inviting people to different things (to church, to an activity, to FHE, etc).

Before we started, I was freaking out. I hadn't planned what I was saying in Norwegian but I had outlines in English. As the elders were opening, I was pleading to Heavenly Father for help. I asked, "Please help me so that I can tell these wonderful members what they need to hear to help them in their missionary efforts." When I got up for the two different groups, I honestly have no idea what I said. I just remember that I said something different to each group. What I do remember though was a strong sense of comfort that came over me. I trusted in Hevaenly Father that He would answer my prayer and I opened my mouth. Then the spirit did the rest. 

As we ate refreshments afterwards, the members came up to each of the missionaries to thank them. It was a big relief that the members felt the spirit throughout the evening and it was a great success.

Sorry this week is super short but time was a little shorter for me today. 

Quick spiritual thought: D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."
When you focus on the Lord, you'll never be lost. He is our perfect example. He is our Savior. Look unto him and have faith. He's already conquered everything so just have trust in the Lord that He will help you through anything that life throws your way. 


Have a wonderful week everyone and may the force be with you.

Take care,
Søster Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment