Monday, February 24, 2014

Refiner's Fire

First off I would like to thank each of you for the love and support you give me. You really are the best and I am blessed to have the honor of knowing such incredible people.

Second I am thankful for refiner's fires. In the moment they are incredible difficult but as soon as you're freed from it, you really can feel the change in yourself. You feel that sense of peace overcome you. They are neccesities of life. We are here to learn and to grow from personal experience. Sometimes we have bad times because we have to take the consequences of bad choices. Other times we simply have refiner's fires because we need the strength that comes from it.

From the end of the last week and into this week was just that for me. I was having a battle within myself because we have been struggling finding new investigators. When bishop and our ward mission leader ask how they can help I simply think, "I first need to know how I can help YOU." I was having an inner battle against bitter feelings I know were from the adversary. And then Thursday came.

Thursday we had the sister training leaders come, Sister Clark and Sister Burns. They were the blast of sunshine I need to make the acid rainstorm inside myself disappear. In the morning I was with Sister Burns and we had a drop teach with Veronique. In the moment I ABSOLUTELY hated it because I knew how much the gospel could bless Veronique but she was refusing to change. After we left for a split second I was so miserable. But then a huge wave of relief hit me. Sister Burns asked me to use three words to describe how I felt. I used: empathetic, content, and motivated. I was so sad that Veronique was refusing to change, but content that I had done all I could and motivated to get out there to find those who are wanting to change their lives. It was an incredible feeling!
In the afternoon, I was with Sister Clark bonking/tracting. We got one solid appointment with a potential we had named Nancy, and found two fantastic potentials named Nikolai and Annie. Being with Sister Clark reminded me of how fantastic it is that I am a missionary for the church. What a powerful calling! 

My spiritual thought comes from a new favorite scripture I have discovered from Psalms 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: Be of good courage, and he will strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." It's important that we have the faith to know that the Lord will bless us with strength and to accept in His timing. He sees the whole puzzle while we can only see some pieces here and there. The Lord is the constant we can truly reply on. Turn to Him and let Him help you.

Remember who you are, you are a child of God.

Have a fantastic week everyone.

Take care,
Sister Buhler

 Picture with Mitu, Veronique's parrot
 I SAW A MOOSE!!!!!!! This is a baby moose. That's right, a BABY moose.
Us with the sister trianing leaders. Me, Sister Burns, Sister Clark, and Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment