Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Taking it Easy

This week has been a slower one but had some great moments happen here and there!

We had a good first official visit with Mariann. Since she is coming from an atheist background, we've been starting with the basics of God and Christ. This visit we were getting to know how she came to learn that there was something out there and her as a person. She has so many questions and she is honestly wanting to know truth. I'm excited stoked to be able to teach her!

Our visit with Melinda (the less-active we work with) was super great. It was the first time that we both opened up to each other and I learned that we had similar hardships. Melinda has been struggling with prayer and we're focusing on helping her with that. Oh my goodness, I just love Melinda with all my heart and I really hope to be able to help reactivate her! She's the best!

We had our District meeting on friday. It was super fun to be able to see the MTC broskies and it was an excellent meeting about proselytting. We watched a youtube video called "Vaildation" (if you haven't seen it, WATCH IT) which in a nutshell is about this man who loves to make people smile by complimenting them. Afterwards we went around and gave each other compliments. It was not only a great meeting but also filled me with nice warm fuzzies. Yeah!

We saw Semhar and she's in the process of moving. She has been reading everyday in the Book of Mormon and praying which is fantastic. However, we will be taking a break with meeting with her as she's taking care of the whole moving thing.

This week we have been able to meet with a lot of the members. I'm about 99.9% sure I've already said this, but oh mah goodness I LOVE THIS WARD! They all are absolutely good to us missionaries and love us back. I'm very grateful to be able to stay with this ward for another trasnfer!

So my little spiritual thought comes with a funny story: We were out bonking yesterday after church and we come to this one house. A old man answered the door and we told him who we were to which he replied, "Come on in and pray with us!" So we with the old man and his wife get into a circle and we all say a prayer. As a person was praying, the couple would say, "amen," "praise Jesus, "Hallelujia" and so forth. After we had all prayed, they told us that they were pentacosts. We told them who Christ is to us and they were in total agreement. We had to run or we were going to be late but right before we left, the old man put his hands on Sister Johnson's head and my head to give us a blessing... Yeah. It was a hilarious experience but it also reminded me of how prayer truly is an amazing thing. We have the chance to talk DIRECTLY to God. That is pretty awesome! Prayer is an incredible gift from our Father in Heaven. Whether life's been good, down, alright, or out of control prayer is always available. So use it.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! You can shine no matter what you're made of!

Take care,
Søster Buhler


This is me having fun in snow and this is why I live in Narnia!

 Fun with our punk rock snowman and more Narnia!


The old district before transfers (me, Soster Johnson, Elder Garrard, Elder Arsnes, Elder Hall, and Elder Hill)


The Stolp Family - Rebekah, me, Else, and Daniel. They are the best!!!


and...Happy Birthday, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment