Monday, August 4, 2014

On the Chill Side

Hey People!

How are you doing?? We've been having some FANTASTIC lightning storms the last few days so it's been pretty cool falling asleep to that. Who needs those fancy apps on smartphones to listen to nature sounds :P 

Anyways, so this week was a difficult one. It was challenging to find people let alone teach. Sister Olsen and I have had really good bonding time this week with a raging fire of excitement for this new week. Even though the hard times are, well you know hard, it's during those times that I really do know that my Savior is standing beside me. 

I would like to share a really cool miracle story:

During the week I set myself a goal to teach someone on Saturday at 2pm. I had no idea who it would be or where we would be, but I set that goal and worked as best as I could to show Heavenly Father my faith. Saturday came around and we had no appointments that day so we had a day packed with contacting and knock on doors. As we contact, we find this man named Daniel. We talk for about 10 minutes when I ask, "Do you want to sit down?" and he said "Sure, I got time." We taught him about the restoration and after we said the closing prayer, I looked over at his watch and saw it was 2:45pm. We were able to teach someone at 2pm on Saturday. 

Even though Daniel didn't want to meet again, Heavenly Father knew that I had that goal and as I worked to the best of my abilities, He helped me with the rest so it would really happen. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of everyone of His children and never forgets about us. As it says in Doctrine and Covenants 100:21 - "Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end."

Remember how much you are loved and how much potential you have. YOU are a child of God. He has a unique plan and purpose for you here on earth. We need both the ups and downs of the roller coaster of life, but the ups ALWAYS outnumber the downs. 

Be the heros that your cities don't deserve but the ones they need (I know that's not the EXACT quote, just work with me) and carpe diem!

Love.
Søster Buhler

1- view of  my new area!
2- the new companion, Sister Olsen!
3 - We went out for a run and it downpoured... this is the result :P



No comments:

Post a Comment