Monday, August 11, 2014

Someone's Looking Out For Me

We have a mission conference this week with Elder Dyches from the Seventy so our email time has been cut short. By like A LOT. So this will be a quick update:

-Elizabeth our new investigator is FANTASTIC!! She reads, prays, and already lives the Word of Wisdom. She has been struggling because she hasn't been getting support from her family and friends, but she does want to know for herself if the church is true. We were able to arrange for her to get a blessing and she appreciated it. 

And the highlight of the week:

So on Friday, Sister Olsen and I went on splits with the Sister Training leaders (Sister Aasen and Sister Harrison). On our way to the institute center to meet up wit them, I took a pretty good fall and banged up my knees. It was really painful to just stand up and even more painful to try walking. So I was couch bound all day. The other sisters got to tag team it and get to go out. It was very hard for me to not be allowed to do anything. I was commanded multiple times by multiple people to sit back down on the couch and keep the ice (well, technically hot dogs. We didn't have ice) on the knees. To be honest, it was difficult to not be up and about. I was able to call some people but I just felt guilty for not being more careful. As the other sisters were going in and out, they would share these cool miracles that just happened with them and I was like, "HOLY GUACAMOLE THAT'S AWESOME!" But as the day went along, I was feeling sad because I was beginning to feel left out.
Towards the end of the day, I could walk but very slow. As Sister Olsen and I were making our way down the stairs, these two guys stop us and ask what do we do in the center. We invited them to come up and talk more.
We ended up getting to teach them the restoration and getting Ben and Joseph as two new investigators!

Moral of the story - God really is our loving Heavenly Father who saw one of His missionaries feeling down in the dumps and was merciful enough to let her be apart of a teach to help end the day on an incredible note.

Sorry it's a short update but I still think you are all wonderful and I wish you a marvelous week!

Lots of love,
Søster Buhler

PS: The knees are much better now and I can walk like a normal person again!

No comments:

Post a Comment