Monday, April 28, 2014

Another Transfer in Trondheim!

Hello all you wonderfully fantastic people!

How are you all doing? Have you been having good weather where you are? Oh my goodness I am just exploding with love at the moment. I apologize ahead in advance if this email is incredibly cheesy but I hope you just know how much I really do love and care about each one of you. I can never express in words how much I really do appreciate your support!

We are having transfers in week and... if the title hasn't given it away, I'M STAYING IN TRONDHEIM! All the sisters in my ENTIRE zone are staying. Elder Skinner (one of our zone leaders) will be leaving for Drammen and Elder Hill (he was my first district leader in the field) will be our new zone leader. We also have Elder Schultz coming up here so that's fun. The north zone is having a super chill transfer this time (no pun intended).

This week has been a good week. We were able to see some miracles this week, especially on Sunday when we got two new investigators! On Sunday we decided to try these two moms we had met while tracting. Before we tried knocking on their doors, we siad a prayer asking that we would be able to teach them or get an appointment with them if they couldn't talk. The first mom wasn't home but the second one was and she actually let us in! Her name is Susan and is a member of the Norsk Stav Kirke (the state church). She is seriously so sweet and open to learning! This week her parents will be visiting but we have a return appointment for next Tuesday!

The other new investigator we found is named Paul. He's from Tanzania, a student, and is a pentacostal. As we talked with him, I was honestly surprised how open he was. He really treasures his personal relationship with God and wants to be able to find the whole truth so he can keep on strengthening that relationship. We gave him Alma 32 to read and we're meeting up this Sunday!

We have been able to meet with our investigators Omar and Jonny now that they're back from pÄske feire which is wonderful. Omar came to Stake Conference on Sunday and liked how he felt there even thought he didn't understand everything. Jonny seriously loves the plan of salvation, and he is wanting to invite his friends so they can learn together! I'm excited that I am able to stay in Trondheim for another transfer to see where they go from here!

With studies this week, I have been focusing a lot on faith, charity and how the two are connected. I came across this scripture in Moroni 7:

32 And by so doing, the Lord God prepareth the way that the residue of men may have faith in Christ, that the Holy Ghost may have place in their hearts, according to the power thereof; and after this manner bringeth to pass the Father, the covenants which he hath made unto the children of men.

When I read that phrase "the Lord God prepareth THE way" I was overwhelmed with the love Hevaenly Father had for me. He knows me perfectly and gives me the individual help I need to have faith in Christ. He doesn't just give me a way, He provides THE specific way I need to grow in my faith.

Again, you all truly are the best. Sending prayers your way and wishing you the best!

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Buhler

1 - car selfie with Angerhofer, Hornback, and Me
2- Our district going on a mini hike with Pelle (a member)
3- Me at a crossroads


1 - View from the top!
2- Me and the view! Go Asians!
3- Me and my companion Sister Hornback



1- Faviola (a member), Amailie, and me
2- I'm falling!!! (Note: No harm or accident came to pass during the process of this picture being taken)
3- Elders deep in thought (From left to right, Elders Skinner, Whitmer, Halverson, and Clarke)


1- sisters in front of an old WW2 bunker!
2- The Domkirke just down the street from me!
3- Forget-me-nots growing in the cemetry. I don't know about you, but I loved that connection.




No comments:

Post a Comment