Monday, January 13, 2014

Life has Ups and Downs

This week has had some ups and downs. But the ups have been incredible. Rebecca, one of our investigators, has had her family and a friend join us when we teach her. Since we more people now when we teach her, we need to start over so everyone's on the same page but I'm so happy to finally be able to teach a family! We found a new investigator named Veronique who was a service referal from a less-active we work with. Service: It's simply powerful. We've also been able to find two great potentials named Nina and Tommy. Nina did a 180 when she talked with us. At first she refused to talk with us but then we gave her a momron.org card then we ended up talking for a good ten minutes. Tommy doesn't have much religious knowledge but he is really curious about Christanity. 
And this week was our first mission coordination meeting with our new ward misison leader, Paul. Oh my goodness I was so excited to work with him. He has so much drive to get the work moving in his ward and I'm thankful that he also believes that this ward has great potential. There are going to be big changes happening. Last but not least, Joe has accepted to be baptized on February 8th!! I could not stop smiling and I kept telling him how excited his Heavenly Father is because of that choice he's made. We will be meeting with him A LOT to help him meet that goal and I can see it happening. The best part is that Joe is also very excited for it as well.

On the down side, finding this week was rough. People were ridiculously sassy with us and they would refuse to let us talk. And we've been dumped aka dropped by one of our investigators, Hanne. Don't get too sad though, it was mutual. Hanne is still trying to find her standing with the bible and her primary focus is to read the bible to be more familiar with it. She still wants to stay in touch with us, but she just wasn't ready yet. It's sad but it's comforting that she still has ways to contact the church even after Sister Johnson and I leave. 

So even though there were some down this week, the ups that happened this week conquer over them. Just comes to show that yes we do have trials and hardships throughout life but when you take the time to step back and really look at your life, you'll see that the blessings from our Heavenly Father always outnumber the hard times.

Remember to count your blessings and I hope you have a great week!

Take care,
Søster Buhler

Pictures: So I had my first kebab this week. It was not so great but Sister Johnson and I still enjoyed the experience.


 And I discovered we have a katana in our apartment. So I had some fun taking pictures with it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment