Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 2 at the MTC

Greetings folks!

So what I have finally been able to accept this week. The MTC blows your mind. From what you learn in classes, from fellow missionaries, even from random quotes on the projection screen, it blows my mind. I just hope my mind will be able to reassemble itself before I go out into the field. That would help me out a lot.

I have been able to see lots of people in the cafeteria I used to work with! It's always fun to see a familiar face. And I'm still trying really hard to not always go into work zone when I enter the cafeteria. Last Thursday, I started to stalk chairs. It's bad. Habits die hard people.

We finished teaching Annette last week. Our last lesson with here was PHENOMENAL. We asked her to pray about being baptized. She said she wasn't sure because she was scared she would lose her friends and family if she got baptized. We all bore our testimonies and shared experiences of how having the gospel in our lives helped us greatly. The spirit was just overflowing. It was AWESOME. After that, Annette said she would be baptized!! Oh my goodness, it felt amazing to hear her say that!

And guess what? The next day, Annette becomes our teacher for the afternoons. At first it was so weird because we established a missionary/investigator bond and now we are working to create a student/teacher bond. We're all slowly adjusting to it.

In class we have two new investigators. One is Marita, she's 19, in her last year of high school, and has heard a lot about the church and wants to cut through the rumors and find out what is the truth. The another is Frederik, 26, was a Christian, knew a Mormon in high school, working and studying business, and met the missionaries while on vacation. We have only taught Marita so far. Yeah, that was a rough first lesson. We all were getting different promptings from the spirit with which direction to take the lesson from and somehow managed to bring it all together. It was bad. Luckily, we have those to help[ us improve so now we know how to prepare ourselves for the next lesson and also for Frederik!

In the mornings during gym time, we usually play volleyball. It's always so hilarious. The elders are so funny to watch as they tease each other. I keep diving for the ball (when we're not allowed to dive) so I try to cover it by going into a dance pose. Yeah, I got the moves like Jagger. Not. But we have a blast while getting in a workout.

The Dutch missionaries, Sister Frampton, Elder Bodine, and Elder Reber all left this week. It was both sad but exciting to see them all head out to the field. We exchanged emails to keep in touch which is nice. Crazy to think that will be me in a few weeks. But I still have lots to learn before then.

One last thing, so when we have spare moments, the elders and us sisters like to doodle on the chalkboards. The elders saw my doodles of the sisters and asked me to draw them. So next week, you'll be able to see the finished product. I'm pretty excited about it!

Well, that about sums up this week.

Till next time!

 Soster Frampton and I matching!
 The Elders!
The Sosters!

No comments:

Post a Comment