Thursday, September 5, 2013

Missionary Moment: First of Many!

On Monday, September 2, I rode the train from Portland, OR to Tri-Cities, WA. When the train arrived in Vancouver, WA a guy came abroad and sat next to me. He introduced himself as Mike and I introduced myself. We ended up chatting the entire time I was on the train (4 hours).

When I told him that I study at Brigham Young Univeristy, he asked if I was Mormon. I replied yes, and was sincerely surprised how happy he was to find that out. I told him the basics of what serving a mission means, the apostasy, a little bit about the restoration, and how the Mormons moved out to Utah. In exchange, he told me stories he had his encounters with Mormons in the marines/army (I can't remember which. My bad).

Not only was that the most fun train ride I've ever had, it was also a humbly experience for me to act as a missionary for Mike. I sadly didn't have a Book of Mormon on me to give him, but I know that I at least helped plant a seed in his heart for future missionaries to find him.

This experience as proved yet again that life really is good when you know that the church is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment