Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Crazy right?

Way back in August, on an ordinary Thursday (you know the one that comes after Wednesday but before Friday), I went to do baptisms with some of the youth from my home ward.

But when we got to the temple, I couldn't find my recommend. I asked if there was a way I could still do baptisms and they told me to fill out a form and have the temple president decide if I could or not.

So the temple president, President Mudy, came out let me know that he got a hold of my stake president and that I could do baptisms. I told him that I was going on a mission and he asked where I was going. When I told him "The Norway Oslo mission", his smile dropped.
Then excitement flashed across his face and he spake Norwegian to me. He then said in English, "That was where I served! Your mission president was my district leader!"

Since he was already out, he came to welcome the group to the temple and shook everyone's hand. When he came to me he asked if I could chat with him afterwards. We chatted and he asked me to deliver a letter he wrote to my mission president.

And to think all this happened because I forgot my temple recommend.

Crazy right?

(This happened August 8, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment