Monday, June 16, 2014

DÅP aka BAPTISM

Hallo Folkens!

Thank you so much for the emails and letters you all sent my way! I'm sorry that I haven't been så flink to reply quickly, but I'm working on it!

So Omar was baptized last Saturday. It was such a heartwarming experience! Before the baptism, Omar kept saying how he couldn't express how excited he was! It was a nice turn out with the ward and everything went really well. One super quick detail I would like to share: After Ben (our Ward Mission Leader or MMK) said the prayer, Omar said something in his mother tongue (Persian). After he came up from the water, Ben asked Omar what he said. Omar replied that he said, "Now I will follow God." When I heard that, my heart instantly almost exploded with joy. 
I am just so grateful to have had the opportunity to see Omar throughout the entire process. It's been incredible to see how much his faith has grown and I can't wait to see his faith become even more stronger.

And since last week was all focused on making sure Omar's baptism happened, not a whole lot of things happened... Besides Hunk, our Chinese investigator. Yesterday during our teach he told us he wants to be baptized. We just have to coordinate with mission president to figure out what our options are because Hunk goes back to China July 5th. More on this as it develops!

Hope everyone has a lovely week! Remember to always remember the good things in life, both big and small :)

Love, 
Søster Buhler


No comments:

Post a Comment