Monday, November 24, 2014

Kick it up a notch

Hey everybody!

Yeah først og fremst I am SO SORRY about last week's update and how it was a lack of updates really... We ended up having to run and didn't get a chance to come back to do more emails... Lame I know but I will do better with this one!

Anyhoo the interesting thing is there is actually not that many updates to give this week. We did have our week PACKED with appointments but every single one fell through. Not going to lie, that was really hard. But this week has taught me the importance of being diligent and has given me a chane to apply what President Uchtdorf talked about being grateful IN our circumstances. Yes it was hard at first when people called or texted us saying they couldn't meet, but looking back I am grateful that the Lord helped me to have an opportunity to step back up and keep going forward. Sure I stumbled quite a few times this week, but that is the beauty of the gospel - I know that Hevaenly Father loves me despite my mistakes and that through the Atonement, I always can get back up.

So every year before Christmas, the mission has a "Read-a-thon" to read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Helaman 13-15, and 3 Nephi to prepare us for the Christmas season. Today in my personal studies I began reading in 3 Nephi. As I was reading about the people seeing the miracle of a night with no darkness and the new star appearing, it mentions in verse 22: "And it came to pass that from this time forth there began to be lyings sent forth among the people, by Satan, to harden their hearts, to the intent that they might not believe in those signs and wonders they have seen..." Despite how big miracles can be, that does not at all make Satan go, "Oh gee, you got me God. I can't do anything to stop people to believe in you and Christ." NOPE. Instead, Satan works even more to try to reverse the process of people believing. But the verse continues:
"but notwithstanding these lyings and deceivings the more part of the people did believe, and were converted unto the Lord."

This verse today taught me two things: 1) Satan is an example about being diligent. We should never give up or slack off because Satan does not. He's on the clock all the time and we should be as well. 2) The Lord's side is ALWAYS the winning side. Despite whatever Satan will do, the Lord is still looking out for each one of us and He will ALWAYS help us.

I know that the Lord is always by our side and He gives us those pep talks RIGHT when we need it most. I am grateful that I know my Savior and that everyday I get to know Him a little bit better. 

Love you all and I hope we will all remember to have an attitude of graditude!

Love,
Søster Buhler

Some Ålesund pics!


Me and my adopted daughter Sister Heywood!!
The sun setting at 2:45pm. Yup it happens



No comments:

Post a Comment